Friday, April 17, 2020

Gatorade Commercial Project

          This was the first film that I ever created for this class. In this project, we created a thirty-second long commercial. This was such a fun experience. I was able to learn essential knowledge from it. My group and I decided to make this commercial about Gatorade. We chose this topic because we thought it would be the most fun idea to create a commercial out of. Because this was our first film it took us a while to grasp the concept. We had to re-shoot many scenes because the camera was difficult to operate. Once we learned how to use the camera is was a very fun experience.
          I learned so much from the editing and filming process that I was able to apply to the other projects throughout the year. The first thing I learned was to film using our own cameras and not the ones issued by the school. When using the school camera, all of our scenes were very blurry. This deteriorates the quality of the film, as it is harder to make out what is going on in each scene. This was a good lesson to learn because moving forward it would be much better to not have blurry footage. Additionally, exporting footage from the camera was a very time-consuming process. It took a lot of time away from editing because we needed to make sure each scene exported properly. Overall, the knowledge I gained from this project helped guide me in the projects that came after. If I hadn't learned from my mistakes, I would not have been able to produce an excellent film in the end. I'm glad that these mistakes were made because in the end my commercial still looked very realistic and creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment