Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Editing Blog for Commercial Project

        Today in class I finally began to edit my commercial on Gatorade with my group. It was a very long process and journey, but we finally made it to the editing portion of this commercial. I was very excited to begin editing. I was eager to see how all of our clips would be able to come together to make an amazing commercial. After the frustration of not being able to get the computer to work last class, I was very thrilled to use the laptops provided by the school. The laptop worked much more efficiently than the desktop computers. However, once I loaded pinnacle studios, it took a very long time for all of our clips to export on to pinnacle studios. Once the clips uploaded, they were very blurry and distorted. I knew we would not be able to edit properly if the clips were not appearing on the screen as they would normally look. It’s very difficult to try and edit your clips when you can’t see how they are actually going to look in the end result.
        I began to think that there must be another way to see our clips and edit them properly. I remembered that in the last class I had uploaded all of the clips to my google drive account. This was such an essential thing to do because I could now edit my clips using iMovie. I was able to see and use all of our clips through the google drive app that I previously downloaded on my phone. I explained to my group how we could edit the clips on our phones using an app called iMovie. They agreed that this would be a good idea so we got approval from our teachers and began to edit our clips. The app iMovie is an app where you can edit your videos and create a film. This app functions very similarly to pinnacle studios. Using this app will be so much better because I won’t have to wait for the computer to turn on. I will also be able to edit my footage from anywhere including at home, which will allow me to have more time to perfect my commercial.
        Now let’s get into what I actually did when I edited my commercial with my group. Firstly, I had to save all of our footage on to my camera roll from google drive. This would allow me to export our clips on to iMovie where they would be edited. Next, with the help of my group I decided which clips would not be essential for our commercial. We deleted the unnecessary clips from my phone, but made sure they were saved on google drive incase we needed them for any reason. After this, I exported the clips that we wanted to use on to iMovie. As soon as all the clips uploaded I got straight to working on editing the footage. Firstly, I edited in the screen from black to white for the intro and last scene of the commercial. Then I cut out parts of the clips that were not needed in order to meet the thirty second requirement of the commercial. I also added in any transitions between clips such as fading or dissolving into the next scene. After this I put all the final touches on to the scenes to make sure they look perfect for the final version of the commercial. This included adding the Gatorade logo and our theme music in the background. This wraps up everything I did with my group on the commercial project throughout the editing process!

No comments:

Post a Comment