Monday, November 25, 2019

Preparing for Filming Blog

      After finishing the storyboard I was so excited to begin filming my music video. I was ready to put all of my got up and I’s amazing ideas into this awesome film. I checked out a camera and a tripod in class so that I would be ready to film with my group over the weekend. My original plan was to film on the beach on a nice and relaxing sunny day.  Unfortunately, we were unable to film due to the weather. We planned to film on Saturday but it was pouring rain all day. I figured it would be better to wait until the next weekend so that the setting in the background of the film could be as we pictured. I did not want the music video to feel sad and gloomy and portray the wrong emotion to the audience. I was very upset that we were unable to film, but I still made sure I stayed productive. There was no need to waste such valuable time.
          Since we could not film, I took this as an opportunity to learn something. I wanted to make sure that when we are able to film that I am prepared because there is no time to waste. The first thing I did to prepare myself was review all of my notes again. I reviewed my notes on editing, filming, and I reviewed all of my definitions on shots, angles, lighting, and costume. All of the components I reviewed are very essential in making a music video, which will help me when I film. The next thing I did was practice using the camera and the tripod. When filming the commercial, I struggled with getting the camera on the tripod. I practiced and watched videos on how to properly use a tripod which allowed me to fully understand the basis of working a tripod. I also watched videos on what all of the buttons on the camera do and filmed some practice shots and angles. Filming practice clips allowed me to expand on my knowledge of this camera and learn how to make all of my shots look so much better.
          The last thing I did since we were unable to film was review my exact plan for this music video. I went on a group call with all of the members in my group and we discussed more ways to make our music video better. I discussed with them how to incorporate more camera shots and camera angles into our film to really allow the music video to teach its full potential. I  also discussed with my group exactly what we would need and do in each scene. For example, I made a plan of exactly what we would do in each scene. I also made a list of the exact props we would use in each specific scene. With this list I then asked my group to see who had the props and would be able to bring them for filming purposes. I wanted to make sure that everything would be ready for the next available time we had to film. This way no time was wasted and I am still on track for finishing this music video on time without rushing. Taking a day to plan everything out was very important and I am glad I got the chance to do that. This allows me to be so extremely prepared for when we film so that I can make an amazing music video with my group!

No comments:

Post a Comment