Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog for Commercial Project

        Today my group and I filmed our 30 second Gatorade commercial. Throughout the filming process, I learned a lot about many aspects of the filming process. Firstly, I learned how to properly check out a camera and SD card reader. This is very important to know so that all equipment is handled properly and doesn’t get lost. The second thing I did with my group was go to our filming location which was the track/ football field. I got all of our props ready and set up the camera on the tripod so that we were ready to film. The first scene we filmed was of two runners in track uniforms coming out of the starting blocks. During this scene we used many different camera angles and shots such as long shots, medium long shots, and tilts. The next scene we shot was of a girl playing soccer. In this scene she dribbled the ball and took shots into the goal. We also used different shots such as tracking shots and close ups.
        In the next scene we shot, it was a shot with all members of our group in it. We all showed our different Gatorade bottles in our athletic wear such as the track or soccer uniform. We used pink and blue Gatorade’s for this.  In this scene we all made a fierce face or a serious look. This was to show the importance of this scene and emphasize the main product of the commercial. In the next scene we slammed the Gatorade bottle on the bleachers to make a splashing effect. When we slammed the Gatorade bottle, it created a very cool splash that we will use as the main scene emphasizing the main product which is Gatorade. Finally, we just took some shots of the Gatorade bottle which we will use to end out the commercial. This scene is just for the purpose of showing Gatorade. There are no other athletes or things in the background, because we want the main focus to be on the Gatorade bottle specifically.
        Throughout the scenes my group and I used different things to make the scene look realistic. For example we used a spray bottle to spray onto the gatorade bottle. This gave the effect of condensation on the bottle. I also sprayed water on my forehead and neck to show that I was sweating. By showing that we were sweating it portrayed that I was working hard or being athletic. All of the props my group and I used helped contribute to the understanding of what was happening in that scene. We used track starting blocks, Gatorade bottles, a yoga mat, and a soccer ball. All of these were very important in making the commercial more entertaining for the audience. After my group finished filming we went back to the classroom and I dumped our footage onto the computer and saved it as a file. And that’s a wrap on what I did during the filming process!

No comments:

Post a Comment