Friday, March 20, 2020

Re-shoot Blog: Interference with a Global Issue

          Unfortunately, my group and I were unable to re-shoot any of our scenes. This was not any of our group member's fault as we were all prepared to film again. The previous week, my group members and I all got on a group call and decided on a day to re-shoot. After deciding on a day that worked with all of our schedules, we were very excited to film again. However, unexpectedly a disease known as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) began to spread globally. As a result of this, the school was shut down and orders were made to remain inside of our households. Again, my group members and I got on a group call and discussed what would be best for our film and ourselves. After lots of thinking, we decided that it would not be worth risking our safety at this moment. All of our scenes were very well put together and honestly, did not really need to be re-filmed. It would not be worth risking our health just to re-shoot one scene that had a minor mistake.
          My group and I used this group call very wisely to brainstorm ideas about our film. We knew that we would not have time to re-film before the due date because of the sudden outbreak of this disease. The scene that we had planned to re-film only had a simple lighting mistake. I thought back to when we previously filmed and remembered an important detail. During the filming process, we shot each scene multiple times in case any issues occurred. Luckily, we had filmed this exact scene in a room with better lighting. After looking through what seemed like thousands of videos of deleted footage, I finally found the one I was looking for. This scene was perfect, as there was a slight bit more amount of light in the room. It was just the right amount of light to still create the horror effect we wanted. This worked out so much better, as none of my group members including myself had to risk our general health or safety. Throughout this all, we still managed to fix the small problem and produce a great film overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment