Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Exporting and Trimming Scenes

          After finishing the filming process, my group and I were very excited to move on to the editing process. The first thing we did was go through all of our footage. I wanted to ensure that we selected the best footage. For most scenes, my group and I filmed many shots. This is why we needed to go back and choose which scenes turned out the best. It took us a lot of time to delete the footage that was not necessary. We had to pick the scenes that not only turned out the best but also fit the genre and plot of the film. After this, I began to trim the clips. I needed to make sure that my film met the strict time requirements. It took lots of time and perfection to meet the time requirement and make sure the scenes fit as well.
          However, there were a few issues while trying to meet the time requirement. Our time kept going over the maximum amount. As a group, we collectively decided that we had to cut the less important scenes from the film. After cutting these scenes we perfectly fit the requirements and had no more concerns. After this step, I began to import the footage. Instead of using Pinnacle Studios, my group and I used iMovie. Using iMovie was much easier, considering that we filmed using our iPhones. We had some trouble importing all of the footage due to the computer we used. However, this was resolved by using a different computer to export. After we switched computers, the export process went very smoothly and all the problems were resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment