Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

          Hello, my name is Jade. In this blog, I’m going to be going over some details of the final task. The first step in beginning the final task was to pick the group that I wanted to work with. It’s important to choose a good group to work with so that the final product can reach its full potential. If you choose a group that only consists of your friends it may be harder to get any work done. In both the commercial project and music video, I worked very well with my group. This led me to the decision that it would be best to work with them again. This group includes Katia, Nadia, and Sophia and myself. I know that we will all work so efficiently together and I am excited to see the creative things we come up with. As a group, we all work so well and cooperatively together so I know we won’t have any concerns when trying to decide on how the opening should look.
          While taking this class I have acquired so many essential and important skills. These skills are not only important for the class but can also be used in real-life situations. The knowledge I obtained throughout the class so far will be utilized in many ways while completing the final task. I’m going to briefly recap the most important skills that I have learned and that will also be used during the duration of the final task. The first skill I learned was about camera angles, shots, and movements. Knowing this is extremely significant in understanding what you are filming and what angle, shot, or movement you need to use. I will use this skill on the final exam for determining how I want each scene to look according to what it is about. The next skill I learned was how to edit a film. Knowing how to edit is also very important because it allows you to put everything together and add creative touches to make your film unique and special. I will use my editing skills to make each clip perfect and bring all of the scenes together using smooth transitions. The next skill I learned was the film making process. The film making process gives an excellent breakdown of what needs to be done during the 5 stages of a film: development, pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution. This can be used for the final exam task when deciding on what needs to be done throughout each stage. The last thing I learned was how to use a camera and a tripod. Without knowing how to use these it would be very difficult to film your scenes. The camera is important for being able to shoot high-quality shots and the tripod allows for these shots to be steady and not shaky. I will use the skills I learned on how to work a camera and tripod for the final task when filming my scenes.
          One of the things that were discussed in class today that is very important to know is a pitch. Understanding and grasping the concept of a pitch is crucial to being able to start the final task. You may be wondering what exactly a pitch is, but don’t worry I’m going to break the basis of it down. A pitch is a term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated. This term is commonly used in Hollywood. A pitch is usually 25 words or less and written in one sentence. It can be more than one sentence, however, try not to make it too much longer than 25 words. Understanding what a pitch is will be very useful so it’s very important that you understand what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment