Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Blog for Music Video

          After I finished filming all of my clips I was ready to edit. I was so thrilled to see all of my footage come together into an amazing music video. To begin editing, my group and I first looked through all of the footage we filmed on our phones. I filmed many shots so I had to make sure we used the one that worked best. We selectively went through and chose all of the clips that we wanted to keep and use for the music video. We also trimmed all of the clips to ensure that it would be the correct length. After we chose all of the clips we exported them on to the computer. I saved them as downloads so that we would be able to import them into iMovie. I also exported the sound to iMovie so that it could be used for the background sound. Now all of the clips were on iMovie and I could begin to edit them on the computer.
          First, I went through and put all of the clips in the correct order. It was important that all of the clips are in the right place in order to match the music in the background. Without the clips, in the right order, the music video would not make any sense. Then, I added the music to the background to match it with all of the scenes. I started to cut the scenes more to match it with what was being said in the song. This was so extremely important. Without the scenes matching the music, the audience would be lost on what is happening and the message being portrayed. After this, I added all of the transitions for each scene. I wanted to allow the audience to see when there was a change in the scene. This is important in allowing the audience to interpret the message and tone of the music video.
          While editing, our original version of the music video was thirty seconds over the time limit. I had to discuss with my group which clips were not relevant to the overall video. We had to cut many clips out and shorten the length of most clips. It was difficult to cut these clips without messing up the coordination between the scenes and the song. Luckily, all of the clips came together and worked out perfectly with the song. At the end of the music video, we added a freeze-frame to the last clip to allow it to stop at all actors in midair while we were jumping. This pause led to the fade out to the black screen at the end of the music video to close everything out. The final thing we did to edit was going back and muting all of the scenes. Even though there was music playing in the background we wanted to be sure that none of the background noise could be heard. This concludes what I did with my group during the editing process of my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment